The purchasing contract for the next generation of Argon HPC hardware has been finalized.
Summary of hardware changes/options with this contract:
- CPU: Intel 6430 Xeon CPU's with 128 slots
- Memory: 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, 2TB options (512GB is particularly attractive)
- Localscratch: Increase from 1TB to 3.9TB
- GPU: Several NVidia options: L4, L40, A2, A10, A16, A30, A40, H100, and a few RTX ADA options.
We are planning to place an initial order in late September/early October for new infrastructure, replacement/expansion of UI queues, and any initial investment desired by the HPC community.
A reminder that per the HPC Model, you can purchase capacity in the cluster anytime. September/October is just our initial, large order.
As part of the order, we will be refreshing and expanding several UI queues:
- UI-MPI: Refreshing systems which will be retired in 2024
- UI: Adding ~2000 slots
- UI-HM: Adding ~360 slots
- UI-GPU: Adding ~360 slots and ~15 GPUs across new technologies, including 80GB GPUs
- UI-HM-GPU: Adding ~384 slots and ~5 GPUs
- UI-Develop: Adding 128 slots and 1 GPU
We will also be adding additional rental capacity across new technologies.
We hope to deploy this expansion in December/January.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or feedback.